Monday, August 6, 2012

Traditions

I've spent a lot of time thinking about traditions since we were married (almost 5 years ago). It is fun to get married and decide what traditions you want from each family .... and what new traditions to start. Often these traditions center around holidays. We are really busy around Christmas and I love it!

One tradition that Tyson and I started together is exchanging Christmas ornaments that have significance from the preceding year. Whenever we go on vacation, we often try to sneak away long enough to get a cute ornament that can be given to the other one in December. Last year, I almost missed seeing a couple of buffalo at Yellowstone National Park while standing in line to purchase a cute ornament. Fortunately, the buffalo were still around when I made it back to the group. I laugh when I think of that ornament. The year I re-built our deck, Tyson had an ornament specially made for me with a tool belt. Each year when we decorate our tree, it is fun to think back on all of the fun years we have had together and look forward to future years.

No comments:

Post a Comment