Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best Christmas Present Ever!!!

So, this Christmas, Tyson completely surprised me by giving me a puppy! I seriously had no clue. We had spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with Tyson's family and then drove to my parent's house to spend the rest of Christmas day. We showed up and decided to open gifts first. My brother and Tyson jumped up and offered to get beverages for everyone. When they came back in the room, Tyson placed a super cute square box in the middle of the room and said it was my gift, and that it was fragile. At that point, I sort of thought it was a cake (I said I had no clue, right?). I untied the cute bows and lifted the top off and there she was - this super cute and really little puppy dog wrapped up in a soft blanket. We named her Frost.

Apparently, Tyson worked with my Brother and Sister-in-Law for a couple months to find her and get her to me for Christmas. They were the only three people who knew about it.

It has been funny to watch my Brother's dogs (Captain Jack Sparrow and Dixie - both the same type of dog as Frost) welcome their new baby into their home (my brother and sister-in-law just recently adopted a baby boy). Those dogs are so protective of and concerned with their baby, it is awesome. They stand guard over the nursery and get worried when he cries. I'm sure they will be great playmates as soon as he starts crawling around. I hope our little Frost is just as cute when we welcome a little baby into our home.

Here is a video of Frost really soon after I unwrapped her. The other dog running around is Dixie.


Here is a little info about her (based on her first 3 days at home):

Name: Frost (responds to Frost, Frostie, Baby Frost)

Breed: Mini-Dachshund (aka weiner dog)

Temperment: very playful and super snuggly, makes friends easily (she already has had friends stop by to meet and play with her)

Likes: watching Manchester United soccer on TV, curling up in our laps and taking a nap, chewing on her rope toy, helping me with the Soduku puzzle in the paper, being snuggled to sleep, racing back and forth between me and Tyson.

We are so excited to have her in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment