Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter - Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews...

You name it, we had it. The Easter Egg Hunt at my (Tyson) parents' house has become both epic and legendary. This year, my parents hid over 350 eggs. And fortunately, the "adults" get to participate! It is utter madness. The "adults" (older kids) take it pretty seriously because my parents will hide dollar bills in some of the eggs. But there is nothing more funny than watching a three-year-old almost burst into tears because his egg had a $1 bill in it instead of candy. It cracks me up every year (that, and when my nephews shout out "ka-ching" whenever they find an egg with money in it). Here is a quick slideshow of some of the pictures from the Easter extravaganza.

You will notice several pictures of Sara with our newest niece, Beth--my sister's first girl after having five boys. Beth actually goes by "Baby Bep" because several of my younger nephews haven't gotten the "th" sound down. Thus "Baby Beth" ends up being "Baby Bep." At this point, I just call her Bep. It will be interesting to see how long that lasts (and whether it sticks). I claim naming rights for the oldest of the boys (J-Dawg a/k/a Josh or Joshua) and it has survived for 12 years; maybe Bep will be Bep for a long time too!

We also had my cousin Blake, his wife Lindsey, and there three girls and brand new baby boy. Mix in my parents, my siblings, and my aunt and uncle and you have a true Easter celebration.

We're hoping that we'll soon have our own kid to race around my parents' yard, collecting eggs, and starting to cry when he or she (or both--let's hear it for twins!) cry uncontrollably because he/she found $9 in cash but no Cadbury Eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment